Boar Stud Hire
Our Boar “Moondown Alistair” is available for hire, to arrange please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7590 381188.
Conditions of Hire
- Sows/Gilts MUST visit the Boar here on our farm
- Sows/Gilts MUST be wormed a 2-4 weeks before visiting the boar
- Minimum stay is 3 week (animal movement restriction), recommended is 4 weeks, maximum stay is 6 weeks.
- No more than 3 sows/gilts from one owner at any one time.
- Cost of stud/cover fee is £65/pig
- Board is charged at £15/pig/week (includes all feed, water, bedding etc).
- Pigs and transport must arrive clean with necessary biosecurity measures taken.
- Pig owner is responsible for all veterinary costs that may arise whilst under our care. (Any medical treatment will be in conjunction with owners agreement)
- If you sow/gilt fails to produce on the first attempt, you will be entitled to a free stud, but will still be required to pay board fees (see point 6)
- Notification of failed pregnancy must be notified by 3 months gestation (3 weeks prior to due date) to qualify for the free stud.
- Whilst your pigs are here, the boar is for your sow(s)/Gilt(s) only – we will not share with other breeders at the same time.